[Project-ideas] GSoC Project Idea: Validation of translated strings

Runa Bhattacharjee runabh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 20:51:57 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 1:29 AM, Abu Ashraf Masnun <masnun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now regarding the project idea, the particular project I am interested in
> is - "A validation system for translated strings based upon Translation
> Style Guides of language communities."

[snip]

> # Find out more about style guides.
> # Check out the translation procedure for at least two large open source
> projects (Mozilla and WordPress could be good choices).
> # Learn more about .po and .mo files.
> # Learn more about localization and internationalization.
> # Find and talk to some local people who are actively contributing to such
> translation projects to get the real life scenario.

You might want to go through the gettext manual[1] for some of the above.
Since you mentioned web applications as well, I'd recommend exploring
options beyond the gettext file format for the specifics.

Runa

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html

http://about.me/runa.bhattacharjee
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Runab