[Project-ideas] [GSoC 2013] Preliminary proposal on speech based query and result system

Bhavani Shankar R bhavi at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 16 00:14:27 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM, srikanth ronanki
> <ronanki.srikanth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am currently pursuing MS by Research in Speech and Vision Lab at
>> IIIT-Hyderabad and interested in applying for GSoC 2013 to work on
>> "Speech based query and result retrieval system for Indian languages".
>>
>> Here is my preliminary proposal with few ideas to do the project:
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/14hKWcI-aFpBDdnIFzOOlqfLd-GuqYVhI7rWKc48NE-8/edit
>>
>> Please give me some suggestions or comments on my proposal.

Hi Ronanki,

Most part of the proposal is fine with me but I would be particularly
interested in the below

a) Collection of data and extension of it to a more general sense
incorporating complex/compound sentences data.
b) Voice activity detection algorithm you can use so that distortion
gets reduced
c) extension to a global set for porting and extension into other languages
d) Achieving word sense disambiguation

and finally

e) working 48 hra/week (which is equivalent to full time work)

If you could elaborate on the above points a bit, I think it would be great.

Regards,

--
Bhavani Shankar
Ubuntu Developer       |  www.ubuntu.com