[Project-ideas] About the project on print ready OpenType font for Bengali GSoC2013

Tanbin Islam Siyam potasiyam at gmail.com
Wed May 8 08:41:20 PDT 2013

Hello sir,

I have sent proposal for this project "Design and development of a print
ready OpenType font for Bengali". Meanwhile I googled about tools available
for font development and found that the tools I use generally are fine for
a font with libre license. But I also found Inkscape and Fontforge are
pretty good bundle for this purpose. So I decided to stick with those open
source solutions and MS VOLT for opentype layer. Do you prefer any font
template to start with?

I will now start collecting books and newspaper text samples to analyze
find out the key points for a good print ready font design. I want to be
full prepared for this project. Hope this will be a enjoyable project if I
am lucky enough to get a chance to work in it.

Regards,
Md. Tanbin Islam Siyam

--
Tanbin Islam Siyam
potasiyam.wordpress.com | potasiyam.deviantart.com |