[Project-ideas] Requesting for more details gsoc2013 ideas

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 07:28:43 PDT 2013

Hi Nehal,

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Nehal Tanna <total.sniper at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am Nehal Tanna, Pursuing MSc(CA) - Master of Science in Computer
> Application from SICSR - Symbiosis Institute Of Computer Studies & Research.
> I am in last semester of my academic Post graduation degree.
>
> My college is stongly supporting open source contribution. I would like to
> contribute to open source project by being a part of GSoc2013 event. I have
> gone through your ideas list, out of which following ideas I found them of
> my interest.

Thanks for writing in.

> 1) A method/tool for validating the aesthetic characteristics of an OpenType
> font for Indian scripts
> 2) A method/tool for assessing the coverage of a font in terms of glyphs for
> a language
>
> Can any body please provide me some more details regarding the same if any
> available? Any link or any document will be good enough even.

I would like to understand a bit more about what about the projects
were interesting for you. And, also, it would be good to know whether
you've a familiarity with fonts and, the components of fonts.

> I have contributed to Fedora earlier by submitting Grub fixer application.

Could you point me to a link to the source code for this?

> My technical skills are as follows.
> GTK+, Anjuta Framework, PHP, Android, Python(learning), OPEN JDK & Bash,
> JQuery, JavaScript, HTML5
>
> My sincere apologies if I haven't followed mail etiquette. Please guide me
> through as this is my first mail to this group.

We are good :) We'll see how we take this forward.

/sankarshan

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>