[Project-ideas] GSOC 2013 mentorship request

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:17:24 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM, saket sinha <saket.sinha89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Imagine all the icons on your desktop are in your regional language. All the
> commands that you type are in you regional language.
> This has a wide implementation in a country like India. Further, if we
> support multi language support at the driver level, applications can
> directly inherit these scripts. Imagine applications like Whatsapp in your
> regional languages.

I am puzzled, but I do use my entire desktop (including applications)
in my local language. Have been doing so for the past 8 years. I've
also been able to input in my native language and, have been able to
see text rendered and printed.

However, the above discussion is beyond the scope of this list.

If you have specific queries about the project you are interested in,
please feel free to write. Plus, in continuation of what I've stated
earlier, do have a look at UTRRS.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>