[Project-ideas] GSOC 2013 mentorship request

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:32:48 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM, saket sinha <saket.sinha89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My questions related to this are-
>
> a). Does this project intend to study the relation between  Glyph and FONT
> for a particular language?

In a form of summarizing the idea for the project, yes. Given a
specific font, the objective is to understand if it provides coverage
for all valid glyphs for the script/language.

> b). According to a study previously done, in order to implement Indian
> script in an Linux based Operating system, a many to one font-glyph relation
> has to be implemented. Please find the attached research paper to verify my
> statement.

The list is configured to scrub any attachments. You will have to
upload it somewhere and share the URL.

Could you also elaborate on what you mean by "implement Indian script
in a Linux based Operating System"?

>  2. With reference to " BOSS-MOOL- A Joint Initiative of DOS Lab IIT Madras
> and CDAC Chennai" I only meant to say that we are trying to implement Indian
> script support in Linux based on the concept above.

Once you provide an explanation of the phrase "implement Indian script
support" it would be easier for me to provide responses.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>