[Project-ideas] Introduction

Runa Bhattacharjee runabh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 04:00:47 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Shaumik Daityari <sdaityari at gmail.com>wrote:

So basically, what I understand is that both the translated and the
> original text would be the inputs, and I need to check for possible errors
> in the translations as well as the GUI structure.

'Checking for completeness' is more like it and that would include checking
for errors of omission, commission, validation et al.

> What kind of UI are we talking about here? Is it just the web interface?
> Or something else?

As has already been mentioned, deckard implements a smallish representation
of this project idea for desktop applications that are built using gtk+. It
is limited in terms of using manual intervention for the final leg of
validation.

What I'd suggest is to first navigate around a fully localized desktop
environment to get a general overview of the comparison factors. Based on
this the 'translation/localization completeness' can be checked and then
evaluate whether the possible implementation of the idea (that you may have
in mind) can be restricted to desktop apps or can be extended to web based
apps or can be done simultaneously for both.

Runa

--
http://about.me/runa.bhattacharjee
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Runab