[Project-ideas] Hello List.. This is Bhavani Shankar a ubuntu developer and a debian contributor interested in mentoring for a gsoc idea

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 19:32:30 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Bhavani Shankar R <bhavi at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I just happened to come across your site and was very impressed with
> the work you are  doing and I am interestedto help out as a mentor for your
> GSoC ideas A validation system for translated strings based upon
> Translation Style Guides of language communities. I have worked a fair
> bit with rosetta on launchpad and few other tools but most of them
> require manual intervention as our dialects differ and writing styles
> differ esp wrt indic languages I think and secondly Speech based query
> and result retrieval system for Indian languages, would love to have
> this in ubuntu/debian repositories esp as it helps people like me who
> are disabled to have the indic touch to accessibility and I have used
> voxforge a fair bit.

Thank you for taking time to explain your interest and, an impressive
list of contributions. These are, as you are surely seeing, early days
for the GSoC and, we are currently looking at assessing how
self-driven our applicants are in figuring out how to approach the
problems listed out. The list has had a few interactions on the Speech
Recognition problem, I expect some of the students to be able to come
up with a proposal that makes provides a reasonable chance in solving
this.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>