[Project-ideas] Hello List.. This is Bhavani Shankar a ubuntu developer and a debian contributor interested in mentoring for a gsoc idea

Bhavani Shankar R bhavi at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 10 06:49:55 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for taking time to explain your interest and, an impressive
> list of contributions. These are, as you are surely seeing, early days
> for the GSoC and, we are currently looking at assessing how
> self-driven our applicants are in figuring out how to approach the
> problems listed out. The list has had a few interactions on the Speech
> Recognition problem, I expect some of the students to be able to come
> up with a proposal that makes provides a reasonable chance in solving
> this.

Thanks for your reply Sankarshan. My initial feel was one could use
voxforge for modelling and synthesis as its a flexible tool I believe
and there are good number of resources available too on the
functioning of the tool.

Anyway I have joined the list recently yesterday and I'll look through
the archives now and get involved in discussions if any.

Thanks again!

Regards,

--
Bhavani Shankar