[Project-ideas] GSOC 2013 mentorship request

saket sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 07:13:15 PDT 2013

Dear Sir,

     I am interested in applying in GSOC 2013 with  the project idea "A
method/tool for assessing the coverage of a font in terms of glyphs for a
language"

I am working on a similar project , the details of which I am listing below-

BOSS-MOOL- A Joint Initiative of DOS Lab IIT Madras and CDAC Chennai

WEBSITE-http://dos.iitm.ac.in/projects/MOOL

GUIDE: Prof. D. Janakiram

DISCRIPTION- In GNU/LINUX operating system, support for the Indian text
processing is being implemented. The application programming would be
simpler if  the application can inherit support from the drivers. For this,
OOPS is being implemented in the kernel drivers. The displayed shapes for
any script is  from the glyphs in a font.  Kernel, at present, supports 1:1
mapping of glyphs and characters but for Indian scripts 1: Many mapping has
to be implemented.

As it is clearly seen I have prior experience of working on a similar kind
of work, that is why I am keen of contributing to this project.

If somebody volunteer to mentor me, I shall really be grateful.

Regards,
Saket Sinha

Regards,
Saket Sinha.