[Project-ideas] Help with Project Idea

Anirban Majumdar anirban2291 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 10:26:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

My name is Anirban Majumdar. I am a fourth year undergraduate student at
the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and I wish to participate in
GSoc 2013. I have significant university level programming experience and I
know C, C++, Java, PHP. I am interested in the area of artificial
intelligence and have completed projects in Genetic Algorithms, Hidden
Markov Model, and also have worked with OpenCV libraries.

I was going through the pages of participating organisations, and Bengali
being my mother tongue, Ankur India caught my attention. In the ideas page
the following projects particularly caught my attention, "Improving
information retrieval methods for OCR data sets consisting of Indic
scripts" and "Speech based query and result retrieval system for Indian
languages". I am a first time applicant and would appreciate if anyone
could guide me further regarding these projects.

--

Anirban Majumdar,
Under Graduate Student
Email Id:anirban2291 at gmail.com