[Project-ideas] Help with Project Idea

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 21:42:41 PDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Anirban Majumdar
<anirban2291 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is Anirban Majumdar. I am a fourth year undergraduate student at the
> Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and I wish to participate in GSoc
> 2013. I have significant university level programming experience and I know
> C, C++, Java, PHP. I am interested in the area of artificial intelligence
> and have completed projects in Genetic Algorithms, Hidden Markov Model, and
> also have worked with OpenCV libraries.

Providing links to your work/code would also be helpful.

> I was going through the pages of participating organisations, and Bengali
> being my mother tongue, Ankur India caught my attention. In the ideas page
> the following projects particularly caught my attention, "Improving
> information retrieval methods for OCR data sets consisting of Indic scripts"
> and "Speech based query and result retrieval system for Indian languages". I
> am a first time applicant and would appreciate if anyone could guide me
> further regarding these projects.

Both these projects are being discussed on this mailing list. I'd
request that you go through the archives and, put forth any questions
which you feel have not been asked/answered.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>