[Project-ideas] gsoc 2012 project idea---A Glossary Tool to index all available localizable strings for Bengali across various FOSS projects and, other available corpus

Subhobrata Dey sbcd90 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 12:16:31 PDT 2012

Well,i did study the input strings for translation tools like lokalize.It
uses a glossary(i think this is the one that this project aims to build) to
translate the input string into the language mentioned. It uses
paragraph-by-paragraph translation.What i found out is that lokalize can
directly substitute a particular part of the input sentence in native
language.Are you talking about these approaches taken by common translation
tools like lokalizeor something else??If so,i feel my approach can work
better.Or else the lokalize algorithm can be used.Can you please elaborate??
Thanking you,
subhobrata