[Project-ideas] Gsoc 2012

Yash Shah blazonware at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 02:26:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

According to me, The proposal aims at creating a keyboard layout for easy
and efficient entry of Bengali text on Android mobile devices which
supports Indic languages. We have to develop the user's most preferred
layout by taking feedback from the users.
Please correct me if I may be wrong at understanding. I have limited
knowledge of keyboard layouts, But i would love learning about them. To be
True, I have not worked on keyboard layouts before but i am very much
interested in learning/working on it.

Although there are a large number of different keyboard layouts used for
different languages, QWERTY would be more preferable.
It is most widespread layout in use, and the only one that is not confined
to a particular geographical area.

Regards,
Yash