[Project-ideas] Gsoc 2012

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 01:59:14 PDT 2012

Hi Yash,

Thanks for writing in. The ideas page lists the mailing list on which
we'd prefer initial discussions to happen. I've copied it in my
response. Please subscribe to it as well.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Yash <blazonware at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am Yash Shah, Student of B.Tech first year at Dhirubhai ambani institute
> of information and technology. It is really nice to see indian organisation
> in Gsoc. I would really like to do my internship with your organisation. I
> have programming experience of more thabn 6 years. I had started programming
> in my 7th grade. I would like to work on New keyboard layout specific to
> input on mobile devices. I want to know whether this project is on high
> priority or not? I would also like to know how should i begin? I also
> promise if i don't know anything, i will learn it quickly. I am really very
> passionate for working on this project.

I wouldn't know what is a proper answer to your query about whether
the project is on high priority. It appears on the ideas list because
we think it is a good thing to attempt. If it receives a solid and
well structured proposal and, the organization has the slots to accept
it, the project should end up being listed.

I would rather have you initially explain what your understanding of
the idea is before we begin discussing how you should begin.

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>