[Project-ideas] My Introduction for GSoC 2012

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 09:30:20 PDT 2012

Hi Rishi,

It is good to know that you are familiar with the work of the organization.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Rishi Mukherjee
<thethunder666 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a student of computer science from WBUT, West Bengal, currently in 2nd
> year. I have been programming in python since the last year. I have also
> extensively solved algorithmic problems at www.spoj.pl, www.codechef.com and
> projecteuler.net, all of them in python. I am interested in ankur bangla
> because my father had introduced me to ankur bangla linux many years ago. I
> am interested in open source and I also motivate my friends towards using
> open source software. I have been using linux since many years. Since last
> year I have been trying to contribute to open source, through programming
> but could not succeed. This is my opportunity and I really do not want to
> lose it. I am interested particularly in "an application UI testing
> framework for validating translation completeness and quality". i think I
> have got skills to complete the project on time.

At this stage we are exhorting interested candidates to work on two things:

- have a conversation within the group about their understanding of
the project idea
- once their doubts are clarified, work towards a draft of a proposal
which would be then entered on the Melange UI.

So, when you say that you are interested in the project, what do you
think you are expected to undertake ?

/sankarshan

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>