[Project-ideas] reg:Project ideas on (GSOC)

Narendra Annamaneni narendra.annamaneni at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 05:53:16 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I am a 3rd year student of branch CSD(B.tech in Computer Science and MS by
research in Computer science) at IIIT Hyderabad(www.iiit.ac.in).Here I am
working on the Computational linguistics as my MS topic in the LTRC
lab(http://web2py.iiit.ac.in/research_centres/default/view_area/3) at IIIT
Hyderabad.

Here i am working as a Research assistant(RAship) on ILMT(Indian languages
Machine translation) project as a part of the ILMT consortium.I am also
working on two other projects on Linguistics(Anaphora resolution for Indian
languages) and NLP(Question generation system (English)).

My idea list :

Under Content Development:
                           1)Creating lexical resources like words
and synonyms for bengali which will be extracted from wiki bengali data.
                           2)Providing the API to those who can use this
info to build effective translation systems.

   Under  development of tools, utilities, widgets:

                           Building a tool for annotating the bengali data:
                           1)In which all the lingustic features like
root,TAM,gender,number case and other valuble info which is essential for
any translation   systems.
                          2)As a sub part of the above one can build the
morphological analyzer for the bengali and providing an online interface
                            so that people can use for their systems.

sir can u please give me the feedback on the above ideas,is there any real
value of  the application developer point of view.

I am also interested in translation.Whether it is from indian languages to
lndian languages or English to Bengali?
Should we use any universal representation to convert in between?

* *
*Regards,*
*Narendra*
*narendra.annamaneni at gmail.com*