[Project-ideas] New Visual keyboard layout for bengali

mady no::12 mady902 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:19:16 PDT 2012

Respected Madam,
                     I am a student of 4th year Applied Mathematics
,pursuing 5 year Integrated Masters Degree in Mathematics and
Computing,permanent residence in Mumbai.I am interested in building the
logic for "*the new Visual layout for bengali for conventional Users*". I
am well versed in C,C++ and has a good overview of Java and Android
development.I have already gone through the problem while typing and using
the current method in writing Essays and had a hard time using it.I am
participating in Gsoc 2012 and I am interested in working with Ankur.org.in.
It would be great working with an Indian organization participating in
google summer of code .And i would like to congratulate the organization
for participating in Gsoc though.
                     I have undergone through the unicode system of using
characters and found that the current method of using the language is
exactly opposite to the conventional  visual writing method ::

1)We can use the notations of the Unicode sytems but there will be changes
in the data retrieved from the keyboard.
2)In the Unicode system ,while taking a character it first stores the vowel
and then the consonants.which can be seen from the chart.
3)In our system,we will be the storing the consonants first and then the
vowels in a single byte helping to form the required character.
4)The Engine then renders from the table generating the required character.
5)The logic ::
if we assume vowels to have :: 14 characters
and consonants to have :: 35 characters
We can take three variables A,B and C.
A ranging 0 and 1 (defined for full and half value of the consonant)
B ranging from 01-35(in our case for consonants)
C ranging from ::00-14(in our case for vowels)

Values A=0  for (full character)
            A=1 for (half character)

1)our method will have A+B| C
  and Unicode method C|A+B
2)the value for each character will (A*10000)+(B*100)+C
   thus when we have a number assigned to a character as 02311
e.g.it represents :(0*10000)+(23*100)+11
      If it the consonants is half leading A=1
      implying C=0
  where as the unicode system will have the value ::11023
3)We can store the value of each character in arrays as shown in  the
unicode system.
4)And use a searching algorithm to search for the required number that came
form the input.

I am also mailing the attachments having the current unicode system used in
keyboard.
1)Please suggest me the required changes and what how should I proceed next
??.
2)The new logic can be also be used for hindi and marathi.
Once the logic is implemented.
We can have GUI of an Onscreen Keyboard built in Qt for testing
purpose.Once the Project is complete.I am even ready to extend the concept
in Android phones on the current Platform.I suppose this project find it
way in Gsoc as the competition is not going to be easy.This project has now
become my priority for this Google summer of code.

Thanks in Advance,
Your Sincerely,
Pallan Madhavan.
IVth MNC,