[Project-ideas] Tentative Timeline

akshat kumar singh akshatsince1993 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 23:55:19 PDT 2012

This is Akshat Kumar Singh ( 4th Time here).

Here is my Tentative Timeline for " Improving the accuracy of OCR tools for
Bengali language to 98%".

*Tentative Timeline:
         23 March-23 April:
                                     Continuous documentation on OCR
tool.(Study of existing OCR tool and detailing).
*         23 April - 21 May:
                                     if accepted( :) ), I start right away
with actual prototyping.
         22 May-10 June:
                                    * Working on Training* (Tesseract,
Bpnet)
                                     Will be using Hidden Markov Model
(HMM) technique for pattern training and classification.
         11 June-25 June:
                                   *  Pre-processing*
                                     Alphabet Detection
                                     Image Detection
                                     Line Detection
                                     Word Detection

        26 June-9 July:
                                    * Page Layout Analysis*

        July 9:
                                     *Mid-Term Submission.*
        10 July-22 July:
                                    * Segmentation*
                                     Line Segmentation
                                     Word Segmentation
                                     Character Segmentation
        23 July-29 July:
                                     *Recognition*
                                     using Tesseract engine and
                                              Bpnet classifier
        30 July-12 August:
                                     *Improvement*
                                     Spending time on enhancing the real
time collaboration features based on the feedback received from the
community. Documentation, code reviews, tests and other activities related
to these will be done.

       13 August-20 August:
                                     * code documentation*
                                      Enhancing the documentation and other
relevant information in order to successfully complete the project.
*
*I will be free during the entire summer coding period and will be
available approximately 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I will usually work
at 09:30 to 21:30. My college will start from the last week of July, but
even at that time I will be able to commit myself 7 hours everyday, 7 days
a week. From the last week of July, I will be able to work from 15:30 to
22:30.

Please suggest how can i improve my Proposal ,your suggestions are really
important to me.

--
***AKSHAT KUMAR SINGH *