[Anubad] Proposed visit of Mozilla staff/L10n to India during Feb 2015

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 23:45:48 PST 2014

A top-post is the not the best way to add more information. However,
here goes some more thoughts from the morning.

I am guessing that Biraj will be participating in the meetings at PNQ
and BLR. If any of the other contributors to Mozilla are attending
then it is a good place to discuss specific items. Here's a quick list
of top level topics:

[+] Advocacy

- creating sustained campaigns to generate awareness of the
availability of local languages on Firefox products and devices
- putting up well spaced workshops to show how Firefox products and
devices can become part of daily activities
- reaching out to like minded individuals who create content in
Bengali language to demonstrate Firefox products and devices

[+] Policy

- work with like minded organizations to shape the direction of state
level policy on usage of language and resources
- work with like minded individuals/SMEs to standardize language
resource specific components

[+] Development

- provide incentives/grant/stipend to original development work aiming
to solve specific topics of language usage
- provide a structured competition to create original apps with
language support for Firefox devices addressing hyper local demands

[+] Promotions/Campaign

- celebrate new participants in bn-IN (and other language) based on
specific original contributions that are tracked (*)
- celebrate specific locally relevant events/topics with
Firefox/Mozilla branding

(*) - I have noticed that recent blog posts around events have a lot
of new faces who are participants in contributions. I have not seen a
corresponding celebration of the work they are doing (or, achievements
they are unlocking). There is a need to celebrate a larger number of
positive role models in order to create a pull towards Firefox
products/devices and Mozilla itself.

<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>