[Anubad] Proposed visit of Mozilla staff/L10n to India during Feb 2015

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 08:28:02 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Sayak Sarkar <sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for sharing the update. This seems like a good opportunity for us as
> well to review our current L10n practices around Mozilla projects, and to
> come up with a list of things that are currently working great / not
> working so great / good to have and other areas which can be improved upon.

I agree in principle. However, I have been completely detached from
the Mozilla (and other product) translation programs for bn-IN. I
would love to see a greater depth of introspection and doing the
great/could be improved lists associated with specific end-objectives
and more context detail (eg. bug#, contact, who in Mozilla can be
involved etc)

> If we can come up with a concise summary of these things prior to their
> visit to India, maybe we can have discussions with Jeff and Axel about how
> these might be resolved quickly and efficiently from Mozilla's side during
> their visit.

Again, general agreement as this to be a good thing to do (TM). :) A
reason I asked Jeff/Axel about a tentative agenda was to ensure that
participants at the discussions have read-outs which are prepared in
advance and not on the fly.

> These might include discussions around translation quality, tools,
> processes, team structures, contributor recognition, onboarding new
> contributors, etc. We can have discussions around this either in this
> thread itself and document it on an etherpad or maybe we can have an online
> meeting with all interested individuals at some convenient time.

I am not sure about an etherpad. However, if you'd like to spin-up a
Google document and share specific inputs around the broad topics you
mention, it can form a great start point.

<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>