[Anubad] Webmaker Localization Sprint for bn-IN

Sayak Sarkar sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 22:24:35 PDT 2013

Hey Sankarshan,

Thanks for your inputs. Will try to implement them while reviewing the
translations. Especially [2], as I do feel that the core "Web Literacy
Standards" docs need to be translated in a document format, rather than the
current technical format involving Transifex.

At the moment I'm trying to get new contributors up to speed with bn-IN
translations using the Webmaker resources as a learning experience, and to
say the truth, I'm quite happy about the way things are turning out. This
however, does mean a bit of extra work for me while reviewing the
translations to maintain uniformity as well as the tone[1], however, the
long term benefits look quite good!

As a next step follow up to this sprint, I'm planning on doing the
translation reviews myself along with the help of Biraj today evening at a
meetup that we have organized where most of the new translators would be
present. I hope this would greatly help the newer translators to understand
how to maintain consistency as well as improve the overall quality of
translations.

Regards,
Sayak

Homepage: http://sayak.in