[Anubad] Webmaker Localization Sprint for bn-IN

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 21:24:49 PDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Sayak Sarkar <sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Locales with a 100% complete statistics by then would be showcased at
> MozFest during the first round of demonstrations of a truly localized
> Webmaker project.

Last night I had a quick look at the translations. Very nice work!
Thanks for organizing this.

I have two suggestions - [1] keeping the tone of the translations as
much as possible to the tone of the original. For example, "Oh! You
have encountered an error" - if you read this sentence out loud, I'm
sure you figure out where the intonation is. To be able to keep a
similar vein in the translated file is something that would be
spectacular. And, [2] is it possible that you generate the complete
"Web Literacy Standard" in the Bengali version and check it out in the
entire form? The text chunks don't seem to sit easy on the tongue and,
I am wondering if the end whole would be similar.

/s

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>