[Project-ideas] Improving IR methods for OCR of Indic Scripts

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu May 2 06:57:22 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 5:46 AM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> To answer your query on the "state of the union", there exist a
> variety of approaches upstream in a divergent manner. The focus of our
> organization's GSoC is to try as much as possible to extend and
> enhance existing projects. With regards to the viability of current
> methods of retrieval, please read up literature available. There have
> been a few recent papers published from IIT-KGP among other places.

To follow up on your questions on IRC, I recall Pushpak Bhattacharyya
publishing a couple of papers along with Anupam Basu.

Additionally, you would like to check if your institute is
collaborating with ISI-Kolkata on the FIRE effort.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>