[Project-ideas] [Anubad] More Details

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 00:57:25 PDT 2013

Hi Rishubh,

You had written in to the other list, the one we use to discuss about
status of translations and so forth. I've changed the reply to the
appropriate list and, also copied you (even though you've said that
you have subscribed to the project-ideas list)

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Rishubh Jain <rishubhjain at ymail.com> wrote:
> I have proficiency in Hindi and have worked on projects involving ASP.NET...I have also made projects in C and C++ but they are either Self Learning projects or some cipher codes but not anything related to open source as i am new to it..

Open Source is a way in which you develop and make code available.
Since you've already done some work, there's probably not much you'd
need to familiarize yourself with.

> Project " Add language grammar rules to a machine translation system" Interests me
> Please guide me how to proceed

So, here's how it goes. A large part of how we select candidates (if
we do get selected as a mentoring organization) would depend on the
self-drive of the individual. Choosing a project that interests you is
the first step. The next step would be to understand the components -
are you familiar with any existing implementation of a machine
translation system?

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>