[Project-ideas] GSOC 2013 mentorship request

saket sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 23:08:35 PDT 2013

Dear Sir,

 I clearly understand that what I have proposed is not what your
organization is looking for.
 I still insist to look at the project idea from a third person's
perspective.

 It reads "A method/tool for assessing the coverage of a font in terms of
glyphs for a language"

Firstly, I took the entire thing with reference to Indian languages.That
might be a mistake.

Secondly, I just wanted to proof the concept that for Indian scripts a many
to one - Glyph to Font relation exists. That might also be intresting
for  UTRRS
project.

Thirdly, as I have mentioned that Linux supports psf file. These are the
font files recognized by a universally used open source operating system.I
also mentioned that True Type Font (TTF) format files are available for
Indian scripts. So I propes a mechanism to convert TTF to PSF as an
objective to this project.
This can be taken as an application of the findings of a project with a
name "A method/tool for assessing the coverage of a font in terms of glyphs
for a language". I do not thing there is anything wrong with it or