[Project-ideas] Add a language model for speech recognition software for Bengali language

Bhavani Shankar R bhavi at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 28 23:54:21 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Abidur Rahman Mallik
<abidsplanet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you for your reply. I have read related archive messages.
> Actually i want to know:
>
> 1. Should i apply directly with my proposal??
> or
> 2. have i been asked some question on this project.??
>
> I have started my thesis and am learning a lot day by day. another question is:
>
> for building a language model, we have to collect data. will i be
> provided those data or i have to collect those data???

Hi Abdur,

for the 1st one you can apply I guess if you have your own
implementation plans in mind

for the 2nd query I would prefer training speakers and preparing the
data, although others would have different view of the same

Regards,

--
Bhavani Shankar
Ubuntu Developer       |  www.ubuntu.com