[Project-ideas] Request for guidance in Gsoc 2013 for the project

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 17:20:08 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Kunal Jha <cardinalskunal at gmail.com> wrote:

> The project idea of  Adding language grammer rules to Machine Translation
> system  intrest me and I would like to learn more about it and try to
> contribute towards it  as a part of GSoc 2013 in my summer.

There has been prior discussions on the MT idea on this list. Please look
up the archives to check if your questions have been answered.
Additionally, I'd request you to assess (quickly though, since the proposal
submission window is already open) existing open source MT systems in the
context of how addition of grammar rules for a new language can make it
suitably robust to take on continuous MT for a large chunk of text.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>