[Project-ideas] Google Summer Code Participation

Bhavani Shankar R bhavi at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 21 19:47:54 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Tamal Batabyal <tamal.isikol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>                      I am Tamal Batabyal, first year M.Tech student in
> Computer Science at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. I did my BTech
> in Electrical Engineering from ISM Dhanbad. I was going through the ideas
> page. I am quite interested in
>
> 1. Improving information retrieval methods for OCR data sets consisting of
> Indic scripts.
>
> 2. Speech based query and result retrieval system for Indian languages .
>

> 1. (Since I received the mail from Prof. Mandar Mitra(ISI Kolkata), sorry
> for my delayed application due to preparation for the end semester. By that
> time I have followed the discussion in your archive '2013-April.txt' ).
>
> 2. I am quite comfortable with C/C++ and Python.
>   open source; openCV, ubuntu
>
> 3. I dont have any commitment throughout the entire Summer.
>
> 4. I shall be communicating through mails if selected.
>
> 5. I am comfortable in English
>
> 6. I have experiences related to  Text Categorization and Information
> retrieval.
>

> Thank you in anticipation of a favorable reply....

Hi Tamal,

Thanks for the intro and mail. It could be great if you can give a
brief explanation here of how are you going to tackle the problem
statements given in the project ideas specified, so that interested
people can discuss whilst links to your opensource work/CV so that we
can get to know you better.

Regards,

--
Bhavani Shankar