[Project-ideas] Google Summer Code Participation

Tamal Batabyal tamal.isikol at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 11:54:15 PDT 2013

Hi,
                     I am Tamal Batabyal, first year M.Tech student in
Computer Science at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. I did my BTech
 in Electrical Engineering from ISM Dhanbad. I was going through the ideas
page. I am quite interested in

1. Improving information retrieval methods for OCR data sets consisting of
Indic scripts.

2. Speech based query and result retrieval system for Indian languages .

1. (Since I received the mail from Prof. Mandar Mitra(ISI Kolkata), sorry
for my delayed application due to preparation for the end semester. By that
time I have followed the discussion in your archive '2013-April.txt' ).

2. I am quite comfortable with C/C++ and Python.
  open source; openCV, ubuntu

3. I dont have any commitment throughout the entire Summer.

4. I shall be communicating through mails if selected.

5. I am comfortable in English

6. I have experiences related to  Text Categorization and Information
retrieval.

Thank you in anticipation of a favorable reply....

--
Sincere Regards,

Tamal Batabyal

*M.Tech Student* (*2012-14*)
Computer & Communication Sciences Division
*Indian Statistical Institute, *
*Kolkata-**700108** *

*B.Tech* (*2006-10*)
Department of  Electrical Engineering