[Project-ideas] GSoC, 2013 - Introduction.

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 04:08:55 PDT 2013

Hi Aayush,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Aayush Kothari
<aayush.kothari10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The project of my interest this year around is 'Adding Language Grammar
> Rules To Machine Translation System'. My name is Aayush Kothari, third year
> IT student and a FOSS enthusiast.
>
> Last year too, I had written my GSoC proposal for the same project
> (http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/aayushkothari/1)
> but sadly it did not get selected.

That happens. But I am happy to see you back and, that you've spent
the time in between productively. Kudos!

> I plan on taking cue from Apertium and working on the English<->Bangla
> language pair in its Incubator (well, at least to begin with).

You are probably familiar with the drill - I'd recommend that you read
through the archives to check if any ideas have been established and,
also begin to work on the proposal. The window is near.

> In the past one year, I have worked on my Python knowledge, learned and
> worked immensely with Ruby among other languages and frameworks. That said,
> I request suggestions on understanding the issue better and thereby framing
> a more solid proposal. :)

Ask questions; it is helpful to provide specific responses.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>