[Project-ideas] Reg- Inquiring More Details for the Project [Add language grammar rules to a machine translation system]

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:17:15 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM, piyush arora <piyusharora07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have done some projects on natural language processing, machine
> translations and information retrieval. I have worked on the Machine
> Translation project http://sampark.iiit.ac.in/sampark/web/index.php/content
> where the aim is to build MT system for 18 indian language pairs.

I will take a look at this over the weekend (I am between cities and
it is a bit difficult for me now). Is the code for the implementation
available as well?

> I worked on the similar lines of tranfer-grammar rules. I have a bit of
> experience with transfer rules for Hindi, Telugu and a bit of Bengali
> Language.
>
> So would be great if can get more information about the project and other
> details.

The initial idea was to check if a system like Moses (Statistical MT)
could be enhanced to be able to handle translation of content at
scale. I'd look forward to what you think is possible.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>