[Project-ideas] Project ideas

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 21:38:53 PDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Ankit Aggarwal <ankitagg2302 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am Ankit Aggarwal, a 3rd year student from BITS-Pilani, Pilani Campus. I
> am really interested in contributing towards open source, and GSOC appears
> to be the best platform available for students.

The above statement is not completely true - one can begin and keep
contributing without a GSoC cycle. However, I'll let that pass.

> I have done Data Structures and Algorithms, Graphs and Networks, so I have
> agood base when it comes to searching and finding good algorithms to solve a
> problem. I am well versed in C, Java, Python, HTML, SQL and would like to
> contribute to open source for these.

> But I do not know Bengali, and the only Indian language I know is Hindi.
> Could you please guide me as to which project would suit me so that I can
> start discussing with you soon...

The list of problems that we provide are a guidance - they indicate
the spectrum of projects in language technology which can be
attempted. I'd suggest that you go through them and try to assess the
one(s) in which you would have a reasonable familiarity with the
aspects of language engineering. It would make for an interesting
conversation thereafter.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>