[Project-ideas] Introduction

Shaumik Daityari sdaityari at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 09:33:33 PDT 2013

Hi,

I did have a look at Deckard, but it seems pretty hard to navigate or
understand what is going on.

Hence, I had some doubts regarding the idea.

   - What kind translation would I be using? Will it be in the form HTML
   DOM (which seems the case with Deckard)?
   - Do I need to translate it myself (maybe using an online API) or will I
   be provided both the original and translated text as inputs?
   - Should the testing be totally automated, or should it be
   manual(meaning I would display both the interfaces asking the user if
   everything looks fine)?

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Shaumik Daityari <sdaityari at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Regarding the project ideas, I am interested in developing an
> application UI
> > Testing Framework for validating translation completeness and quality
> [3].
> > Although the idea asks for a desktop application, I would suggest making
> > web application in Django as that would make it platform independent.
>
> You may want to check <http://deckard.malizor.org/> for a limited
> scale web-based implementation of the idea. I would strongly recommend
> that you tinker around a bit with Deckard and we can catch up on the
> on-premise application idea.
>

> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>

Shaumik Daityari,
Integrated M. Tech. (3rd year),
Geological Technology,
Department of Earth Sciences,
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee,
Uttarakhand