[Project-ideas] GSOC 2013 "A method/tool for assessing the coverage of a font in terms of glyphs for a language"

saket sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:29:38 PDT 2013

  Thank you for answering my querries.
1.I want to take up

https://github.com/ankur-india/ankur-india/wiki/Project-Ideas#a-methodtool-for-assessing-the-coverage-of-a-font-in-terms-of-glyphs-for-a-language
as my project for GSOC-2013.
My questions related to this are-

a). Does this project intend to study the relation between  Glyph and FONT
for a particular language?

b). According to a study previously done, in order to implement Indian
script in an Linux based Operating system, a many to one font-glyph
relation has to be implemented. Please visit the follwing link to verify my
statement.
http://www.geocities.ws/ratheeshvadhyar/ratheesh-thesis.pdf

 2. With reference to " BOSS-MOOL- A Joint Initiative of DOS Lab IIT Madras
and CDAC Chennai" I only meant to say that we are trying to implement
Indian script support in Linux based on the concept above.
Once I understand the project throughly, I shall post my project on to
Google Melange page.
Regards,
Saket Sinha