[Project-ideas] Application for GSoc 2013

shashank chakravarthy shashank.chakravarthy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 07:15:57 PDT 2013

Hi

I'm Shashank M C. I'm a 3rd year student doing my engineering in SJBIT,
Bangalore. This is my first time applying for GSoc. And I wouldn't have
tried here if I hadn't received a mail from a friend about Ankur India. I
like the idea of localisation and since i'm enthusiast of FOSS plus a
member of FSMK(which is giving it's best for localisation) - I didn't want
to miss this opportunity.

I've have a sound knowledge of C, C++ & Java and definitely not an expert
in it.
I'm learning Qt since a few months. I looked at the project, " *A
method/tool for validating the aesthetic characteristics of an OpenType
font Indian Scripts*".
As to why I'm planning to apply for the same is that I have an interest in
various writing styles. Have done some research for the same. My native
tongue is Kannada, Tamil( I can work with) and a little touch of Hindi.

If anyone could guide me with respect to this project and what I should be
doing, it would be of great help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Shashank