[Project-ideas] My introduction for Gsoc 2012

akash thagela akashthagela at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 04:48:02 PDT 2012

hello,

       I am Akash Thagela, currently pursuing my 2nd year in Aerospace
Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, West Bengal. I am
very interested in joining you in your project of making a framework to
check the consistency of translation in the GUI.At my college level i am
currently taking part in an open soft competition and we are working
on speech recognized digital motion for the physically challenged.We are
currently on the same problem of accent recognition through voice detection
and translation per say.

      I have been working on python for about 2 years now and have been
coding since 7 years.I have done a few projects as well such as yahoo
HackU, KampusKoffee by Oracle and other small scale projects. I work on
Django as an development framework and use Squish for GUI testing.I am also
well familiar with other languages such as c, c++, java etc.
      I really want to be a part of your project, it really intrigues me as
a person and i really want to make that change.I can commit to 40 hrs per
week during summers, no prior commitments as of now.

I am currently in the phase of going through the ideas section trying to
work out where i can fit in and what exactly am i supposed to do.I am new
to Gsoc and its proposals so i hope ill get some support from you.

Cheers

Akash Thagela