[Project-ideas] sample program that can extract Entity tags, comments form .dtd file

shreyankg at gmail.com shreyankg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 00:33:07 PDT 2012

cc-ing the ideas list, make sure you send all subsequent responses to this
list, and not to me directly.

On Saturday, March 24, 2012, Nikhil Damle wrote:

> Dear Shreyank
>
> Hi,
Sorry for the late response, I had been busy over the weekend.

> I've written a sample console application that can extract Entity tags,
> comments form .dtd file and displays as console output. The program is
> written in C# using mono develop and compiled under windows xp.

Support for mono based application has been discouraged. I would encourage
you to rewrite your application using a more platform independent approach.

Although the main program under GSOC would be GUI, I've written this sample
> as console application.
>
> That is ok.

> I have proficiency in C#, java, C++/Qt and also some web technologies like
> HTML, javascript and CSS. I think java or C++ would work fine for writing
> main program under GSOC. What do you think about this?

I will strongly recommend you develop and test your programs on a UNIX
based plattorm, preferably Linux, and write programs that are platform
independent. Keeping that in mind, any language you choose to build your
programs, is fine.

--
Peace and Love,
Shreyank Gupta