[Project-ideas] [Anubad] Glossary Tool to index available strings

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 05:37:55 PDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Arani Bhattacharya <arani89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This week I tried to get familiar with virtaal and Pootle. I also got
> familiar with using the Bengali prabhat layout. What I also discovered
> was that we already have a fairly large collection of Bengali words in
> the central Pootle server that can be used.

In the context of an aid to translation, glossaries currently form the
following functions:

- provide a standardized set of term translations 1:1 mapping
- provide a readily available way to categorize translated terms

What they don't really do is evolve. Any
addition/modification/revision to a glossary requires human
intervention. Which means that there is a lesser chance of a large
glossary to keep improving.

I'd request that you think over this specific problem for a while.

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>