[Project-ideas] Gsoc-2012 Project

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:56:23 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Abhishek Shah <igeniusshah at gmail.com> wrote:

> My understanding of the idea is that we have to process query so that we can
> get the desired result. The query may be in different languages and the
> program needs to understand the query as appropriate as posssible in any
> language and give the answer accordingly by searching different forums,FAQs
> or articles like wikipedia. If the query is interpreted in right way then
> there are high hopes for giving as appropriate answer as possible. Most of
> the problems in query interpretation may be removal of  some unwanted words,
> pointing out the key words, recognize the words in the right sense (remove
> disambiguation) and recognizing the grammar of the query.
>  I am interested in working for the disambiguation and noise removal in the
> query. So, I would like to know how much has been done in that direction and
> what can be further done???

The idea is that you will assess the current state of the work, figure
out the risks involved and document as part of your proposal. You seem
to be on the right track, so doing preliminary work to understand how
you will solve the problem should not be too difficult for you.

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>