[Project-ideas] GSoC 2012. Updates

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 21:54:53 PDT 2012

Hi,

The mentors have been receiving emails and, there have been
conversations on the IRC themed around the topic of "did my proposal
get accepted, did it make the cut?". This phase of the GSoC is when
the organization is in a "quiet period". The proposals have been
reviewed, the mentors have met multiple times and discussed their
insights on the proposals, scoring has been completed and, we are now
waiting for the next milestone - "Proposal Matched " which is around
14 hours away (from now). All the accepted/selected proposals will
have mentors assigned and, thereafter the GSoC team will run their
scripts to check for duplicates. It is normal for a candidate to apply
to multiple organizations and, the de-duplication process is an
important step in ensuring that things are being done correctly.

April 23: 19:00 UTC is when "Accepted student proposals announced on
the Google Summer of Code 2012 site" and that is when you'll get to
know whether your proposal did get accepted to be part of
Ankur.org.in's participation in GSoC this year.

I realize that the excitement is edge-of-seat stuff and given the hard
work, diligence and efforts everyone has put in, you'll be eager to
know about how it goes. However, hold on to your horses just a little
bit more. Once we have a public listing of the accepted proposals, we
will schedule a round of discussions with the students to set some
administrative expectations in place and, then we can get going.

Thank you for all the work that you've put in. Best of luck !

/sankarshan

(on behalf of the team at Ankur.org.in)

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>