[Project-ideas] [Anubad] Introduction - Aniket Handa

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:35:31 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Aniket Handa <atneik at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your valuable info on various idea I was interested in. I
> short them down and now I am really interested in "Improve the
> accuracy of OCR tools for bengali language to 98%". I have uploaded my
> proposal on google-melange and will be waiting for your comments.

Not specifically for Aniket but for others who are waiting for the
last moment to get their proposals in. The idea of the timeline for
proposal submission is to encourage conversation and proposal fine
tuning. This is not a sprint where you conserve your energy and then
rush past the post. If you are doing that, you are actually missing
out on giving the mentors a chance to gain confidence in your proposal
because they never had an opportunity to hold a conversation.

Once the proposal submission window closes, you lose the chance to
edit the proposal. So, if the mentor doesn't have high confidence in
that version of your proposal, tough luck.

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>