[Anubad] ANN: https://www.mozilla.org/bn-IN/ is now available

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 00:27:11 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Sayak Sarkar <sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just had a quick idea to share while reading through Sankarshan's
> suggestions. Do you think it would be helpful if the Mozilla India
> community runs a campaign to increase usage of localized builds of the
> various products as well as the web properties. This can serve two purposes
> at one shot I guess:-
>
>    1. Popularize localized builds towards a mass audience, who might be
>    unaware about the existence of the localized builds.
>    2. Campaigns to help us translate content to local languages, for
>    example the statements that Sankarshan has already highlighted in his email.

Absolutely. If the existing Mozilla India framework can be used to
make a "This month use your favorite browser in your local language"
(I made that up; it isn't the actual proposed name) campaign, we
should ideally see increased downloads and, user experience feedback.
I would emphasize more on the latter than the former - we need to hear
the stories!

> If this model works, this can also be extended to similar projects outside
> Mozilla as well which have seen a fall in the usage of localized builds.

Couldn't agree more!

> Ofcourse, there might be quite a few more aspects to this than what has
> come to my mind until now, but I guess this is something that might work.

Yes. I am hoping that you (+Biraj, Swarnava, Priyanka and others) can
help formulate this so that we can have this right up front in the new
year or, synchronized with a version release of Firefox.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>