[Anubad] ANN: https://www.mozilla.org/bn-IN/ is now available

Sayak Sarkar sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 00:16:29 PST 2013

Hi,

This is indeed great news. Kudos to Biraj for the amazing work! :)

I just had a quick idea to share while reading through Sankarshan's
suggestions. Do you think it would be helpful if the Mozilla India
community runs a campaign to increase usage of localized builds of the
various products as well as the web properties. This can serve two purposes
at one shot I guess:-

   1. Popularize localized builds towards a mass audience, who might be
   unaware about the existence of the localized builds.
   2. Campaigns to help us translate content to local languages, for
   example the statements that Sankarshan has already highlighted in his email.

If this model works, this can also be extended to similar projects outside
Mozilla as well which have seen a fall in the usage of localized builds.

Ofcourse, there might be quite a few more aspects to this than what has
come to my mind until now, but I guess this is something that might work.

Regards,
Sayak

Homepage: http://sayak.in
About Me:  http://about.me/sayak_sarkar