[Anubad] Firefox for Android bn-IN localization

Sayak Sarkar sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 07:01:05 PDT 2013

Hi Swarnava,

I would suggest you to please go through the "Getting started with
translating Mozilla Projects" email that Runa had earlier sent to this
link. Sankarshan has already pointed out the link for the same in his
earlier email, however, for your convenience here is the link again:
http://lists.ankur.org.in/pipermail/anubad-ankur.org.in/2013-February/000285.html

Please do read through the whole email, it lists out all the things that
you would need to know to get started including the links to the
repository, and how to find the .dtd files for translation. I do think this
should give you a good starting point.

You don't quite need to be a HG ninja to start translating. You can
navigate through the HG repository quite easily via your browser, simply by
following the links. Whenever you complete the translations for any file,
send it to us (Runa, Biraj and me have commit access), and we can take care
of the HG aspects and commit on your behalf.

A couple of last notes:-

   1. It is preferable to use the mailing list or the IRC for any
   discussion/queries about translations rather than using social media every
   time to raise your doubts. The IRC/mailing list helps everyone keep track
   of what discussion is going on and also lets other people help you out with
   your doubts.
   2. Also, please do keep track of your past conversations and try and
   avoid asking repetitive questions in the same forums. I would rather
   suggest searching through the list archives for similar/same issues before
   starting new threads.

Regards,
Sayak

--