[Anubad] Fwd: Helping out with Firefox Aurora translations

Sayak Sarkar sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 10:02:55 PDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Runa Bhattacharjee <
arrbee.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Sayak Sarkar <sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>

> > I suppose the best way to deal with this would be to refer to strings
> from
> > the en-US locale, as it should usually contain the latest string updates.
> > However, I'm yet unable to locate the en-US repository in hg.
>

> You have to have a checked-out copy of the en-US source files:
>
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-aurora/
>
> Make sure to run hg pull on this repository every time you start working.
> All the comparisons are  to be done against this. Do not source from other
> locales because they are generated manually by the translators, like
> yourselves.

Will keep this in mind!

> As of now I see 4 warnings in the current run:
> https://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/compare?run=302394 . Make sure to clear
> the warnings and errors as you go.

Last time I checked these weren't there, @Biraj could you please check
lines 23 and 27 of the aboutPrivateBrowsing.dtd file from before and after
your last commit to trace the source of the warnings?

> Also, since this is the first time you both are working on aurora, please
> wait for a review before any kind of sign-off on the dashboard.

Sure thing. :-)

Regards,
Sayak

--