[Anubad] Fwd: Firefox l10n in bn-IN

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 00:10:17 PDT 2013

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Beatty <jbeatty at mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Subject: Firefox l10n in bn-IN
To: Jeff Beatty <jbeatty at mozilla.com>

Hello bn-IN l10n team,

Hope you are well. We've noticed that your community localization work
on Firefox dektop has become inactive for many releases. With each
unlocalized release, the Firefox user experience becomes progressively
worse, ultimately resulting in their abandoning Firefox in general. In
order to ensure that future Firefox users receive a good user
experience and remain dedicated, loyal users, we have decided to
remove your Firefox localization from the public Firefox download page
until you are able to bring Firefox back up-to-date.

You may be asking yourself two questions at this point:
1) How can I keep my locale on the public download page?
2) What will happen to my locale's current users?

Answer 1:
At this stage, if you were to entirely update your Firefox
localization in Aurora today, the soonest it would appear on the
release channel's download page would be in 10 weeks, minimum. This is
due to how localized Firefox releases move upstream through the
release channels. Because 10 weeks is a long time to expose potential
users to a mostly unlocalized version, we'd prefer to limit the damage
by removing it from the page now. Once your updated localization of
Firefox hits the release channel, you are welcome to file a bug
requesting that your locale be added to all.html again.

Answer 2:
The ideal solution would be to update the your localization of Firefox
and continue to distribute it on the public download page. However, if
your locale is unable to do so, we will begin to migrate users from
your locale to another. If you and your l10n team can update Firefox
by 17 June, 2013 and can commit to keeping it up-to-date with each
release, we will not migrate your users to another locale. If, for
whatever reason, you and your l10n team are unable to make that
commitment, we'll begin migrating your users to another localized
version of Firefox on 24 June, 2013.

Please let us know if this is a commitment your l10n team is willing
and able to make and how we might be able to support you. Thank you
for your understanding. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Jeff & the Mozilla L10n Drivers
--
Jeff Beatty