[Anubad] [GSOC 12]Project Ideas for New Keyboard layout

sharad dixit sharad.eminence at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:11:18 PDT 2012

Very true Sankarshan, It's fairly annoying many indian laguage keyboard
doesn't take advantage
of the screen real estate .In addition  to above requirement i am thinking
some more feature's  like :

   - Longpress enter to access smileys, and longpress other buttons for
   accented letters, numbers and symbols
   - Select a base letter, slide across the popup keyboard to select and
   input the desired character.
   - For physically handicapped ,Bangla Phonetic Keyboard option
   - Accurate and precise Bangla word suggestions

    Is my ideas have usefulness in your project development.Looking forward
to suggestions and comments.

Thanks

On  Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sharad,
>
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM, sharad dixit <sharad.eminence at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I am a 3rd year undergraduate student at Indian Institute of Information
> > Technology,India. I am a regular opensource  developer for private
> > organizations and have started off with android mobile development
> recently
> > . I liked the idea of Anubad *New keyboard layout specific to input on
> > mobile devices* by Mentor: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay.I would like the
> > developers and mentors to point out is project is limited to Android
> > plateform or extended for Multiplateform
> >
> > Looking forward to suggestions from the regular developers.
>
> It's great to learn that the idea listed for input on mobile devices
> sounds interesting to you. The idea originated from the fact that with
> the ICS release of Android, Indic languages are supported out of the
> box. And yet, there aren't many keyboard layouts which take advantage
> of the screen real estate and also make input easy. A layout per se
> would be multi-platform ie. I'd love to see that included in various
> Linux distributions as well. However, the project would consider the
> availability on Android handsets and slates/tablets as a measure of
> success.
>
> The form on the GSoC 2012 application system will ask you a few
> questions in terms of your familiarity with the project ideas, the
> amount of time you will be able to commit and so forth. Our IRC
> channel is #ankur.org.in on irc.freenode.net
>
> Looking forward to learn more from you about the project.
>
> /sankarshan
>
> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>

 Sharad Dixit
 B.Tech(IT)
 Indian Institute of Information Technology ,Allahabad

 http://www.iiita.ac.in/inner.php?conf=person&id=rit2009010
 https://github.com/sharadiiita/