[Anubad] GSoC Project choice: An application UI testing framework for validating translation completeness and quality

Saurav online.saurav at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 07:59:19 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am Saurav Bhattacharya (nick: zalenix), and I want to work on "*An
application UI testing framework for validating translation completeness
and quality" *project. I have read the project idea as it was given on the
ideas page, and below are some points I have jotted down (my
understanding/doubts):

   - *"A typical problem in the ... translated strings for an application."*
      - During translation from English-Bengali / Bengali-English, all the
      strings are not translated (translatable?)
   - "The basic premise of this project idea is to ... known UI Guidelines."
      - 3 things to be tested:
         - translations correct/not
         - translations complete/not
         - ?
      - "A knowledge of available ... Python is required."
      - Will PyUnit be suitable for this purpose?
   - "There are existing tools/scripts which do parts of the outlined idea."
      - Could I have more information?

Looking forward to your reply...

-zalenix