[Anubad] Approved to join translation team: Bengali (India)

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 01:03:48 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Diego Búrigo Zacarão
> <diegobz at transifex.com> wrote:
>
>> Once in a while I go through all the available languages on Transifex
>> and check for the open requests, in order to identify idle coordinator
>> and get more people involved. Before adding a user to a team, I always
>> check this previous activities on Transifex. Once the guy was already
>> contributing to another project, I just approved his request. There
>> was nothing special about it. Actually there were 2 requests, but I
>> just approved 1 for nb_IN.
>>
>> I didn't know the bn_IN had such rules. If you prefer, I can skip this
>> procedure for bn_IN in the future, if you promise to always take care
>> of such requests. :)
>>
>> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Most language communities have a step whereby a contributor is asked
> to request ie. prove some credentials. As Dimitri explained, this was
> for Transifex and not Fedora. I am assuming that Dimitri, yourself and
> Ratnadeep (who is the other coordinator [idle?]) have seen this in
> other projects.
I know that new translators in Ankur have to introduce themselves
first in the mailing list and wait for approval. That's why I do not
approve new members in the bn_IN team myself. When I am contacted by
one of the interested members, I ask them to submit a team join
request in the bn_IN team and send an introductory mail to Anubad
mailing list.

Regards,
--
Ratnadeep Debnath,